1. adj. situated next to one thing.
2. adj. That it is not straight. Succession, line side.
3. adj. said of a football or other sports player: serving along with the bands of the pitch with functions generally defensive. U t. c. s.
4. adj. Fon. Says articulated sound in the pronunciation language prevents helmet air his normal output through the center of the mouth, leaving him passage through the sides, e.g.., thel and ll. U t. c. s. f.
5. m. Each of the sides of a street, separated from the central part by a hedge or a path for pedestrians.